1. Name of the Administrative Department: Employment Generation and Training Department, Punjab
2. Minister In charge:
|Sh. Manpreet Singh Badal |
3. Additional Chief Secretary / Financial Commissioner / Principal Secretary / Secretary of Administrative Department:
|Name & Designation||Telephone Nos.|
4. Head of Department:
|Name & Designation||Telephone Nos.|
|Sh. K.J.S. Cheema IASemail@example.com||0172-2702654||-||9878499999|
5. Business Rules of the department:
- Establishment, Budget and Plans of Employment Wing
- The Administration of Employment Exchanges CNV (Compulsory Notification Vacancies). Act, 1959 and rules framed there under.
- Central, State and District Committees on Employment.
- Vocational Guidance and Promotion and Self-Employment Programme, Unemployment allowance.
- Foreign Employment Information and Training Bureau, References of International Labour Organization regarding Employment Wing.
- Activities Connected with creation of Employment Opportunities
6. Services provided by Department:
- Register names of those unemployed persons who visit Employment Exchange to get assistance for obtaining gainful employment/ self-employment.
- Add qualification after experience whenever they approach after obtaining additional after the basic registration.
- Issue an identity card which is to be renewed during same month every year.
- Provide individual guidance about enhancement of skills in order to improve chances of getting employment or start own venture.
- Inform about employment opportunities available in the job market to a group of unemployed persons coming to Employment Exchange for making use of various services offered.
- Conduct English & Punjabi shorthand and typewriting tests for those who want to be registered with employment exchange as a steno or a typist.
- Booking of vacancies by the Employment Exchange Immediately after receiving from the employer.
- Prepare a list of candidates for those vacancies as per employers' requirements of educational qualification, experience, age, sex & place of work etc. on the basis of first – come first serve.
- Send interview calls to all the eligible candidates in a specified ratio to the vacancies.
- Send a list of submitted candidates to the employer to hold an interview on the proposed date.
- Get names and number of those selected by the employer.
- Cancel names of selected candidates on their joining a job and also those who did not get their names renewed in time.
- Deliver lectures on educational and vocational guidance in schools and colleges to students, teachers and parents.
- Organise career conference and exhibitions for the benefit of students and job-seekers.
- Celebrate guidance week in each District HQ.
- Motivate students and job seekers to be a good and successful entrepreneur.
- Popularise concept of Rozgar Melas where various agencies involved in accepting, sanctioning & granting loans for self-employment schemes take part to perform their respective roles.
- Provide maximum information on raw material available, viability of a project as per demand and shortage, facilities of marketing, human resources etc in the area where such a project is to be started.
- Guide and persuade employers of public sector & private sector (who have employed were than 25 persons) to notify vacancies to Employment Exchange under Compulsory Notification of Vacancies Act, 1959.
- Penetrate into private sector in the present state of shrinking public sector.
- Check records of private & public employers as regards notification of vacancies and submitting of quarterly and biennial returns.
- Receive forms of eligible candidates for obtaining unemployment allowance fulfilling conditions of being for three years on our rolls, between age of 17-40, whose family income doesn't exceed Rs.12000/- per year.
- Disburse unemployment allowance quarterly online by linking their bank Accounts of candidates.
- Register names on the web-site for overseas employment in the Overseas Employment Cell.
- Display particulars of such candidates on web for the use of employers all over the world.
- Co-operate with foreign employers in holding interviews, in case required.
- Contact foreign embassies & High Commission in India to equip ourselves with information on employment opportunities, visa rules regulations etc.
- Publish career literature for the use of students and academicians.
- Translate such literature produced by various agencies into Punjabi for the use of readers of our state.
- Publish quarterly career magazine comprising of articles and information on courses & careers.
- Distribute above magazine to schools, libraries and institution for the use of students, teachers, counselors and other guidance seekers.
In addition to the present functions, the Department will be performing following new functions:
- Enhance the employability of Punjab Youth by improving their Vocational and soft skills
- Vocationalisation of education system at school and college level and to facilitate Vocational training for school drop-outs and informal sector
- Promote Entrepreneurship and self-employment
- Prepare Punjab Youth, through rigorous trainings, for employment in Defence services and other jobs based on competitive examinations.
- Fully prepare Punjab youth for overseas opportunities through enhancement of vocational skills and foreign language skills and by providing emigration assistance.
- Upgrade Existing Employment Exchanges to Electronic Employment & Training Bureaus
- To make available some of the employment services through Suwidha Centres at District/Subdivision level and Kiosks at village/ town level.
- Every University, deemed university and selected institutions to be notified as an e-employment exchange in their respective areas to make their services easily accessible.
- Conduct Manpower Survey and Job Survey to assess skill and competency gaps.
- Vocational Awareness, Counseling and Guidance to Punjab Youth, administering profiling tests.
- Identification, Fine Tuning and Design of Training programmes
- Apprenticeship training to be effectively administered and monitored
- Active involvement of C-PYTE in every district for training of youth is important.
- Make it compulsory for all the institutions and selected schools to establish at least 20% to 30% seats on Vocational Education by addition/ conversion
- Examination and certification of training and skills
- Liaison for placement of Youth with corporate, recruitment agencies
- Organise Job festivals, job melas, seminars, conferences etc. for job placements
- Foreign Training and Employment Bureau for providing employment assistance, guidance, and training to the Punjab Youth desirous of going abroad for employment and business opportunities in the foreign countries like Canada, USA, Europe, Australia, Middle East etc.
- Liaison with foreign manpower ministries and employers
- Check on the activities of unregistered agents.
- Pre-Departure cum orientation programme
7. Names of Board / Corporations / Commissions / Societies working under the control of the Administrative Department along with information of their Heads as under:
|Name & Designation||Telephone Nos.||Official Website|
|Mai Bhago Armed Forces |
Preparatory Institution for Girls, Mohali
|Maharaja Ranjit Singh |
Preparatory Institution for boys Mohali
For detailed information:
Department's Website: www.pbemployment.gov.in