1. What is this Official Portal of Government of Punjab all about?
Ans: This portal acts as a single point of access for the G2B and G2C transactions offered by the Government of Punjab through its constituent departments. The portal aims at educating the citizens and businesses with the nature of information available on the individual department's websites. This portal also educates about the rights of the citizen, benefits and schemes offered by the Government of Punjab as well as eligibility requirements for availing those benefits.
2. How to avail the services?
Ans: In order to avail these services, user has to first register with the portal. After registration, the user will be provided a unique Login ID and password. Once you have logged-in, select the department and the required service(s) you want to avail.
3. Registering to the portal
3.1. Where can I find the link for registration?
Ans: Getting registered to state portal is very easy. For registering to the portal you can select the link 'For New User Registration' provided in the 'Citizen Login' section of the home page.
3.2. Why do I need to provide the security question and its answer?
Ans: In case you forget your password, you will be posed with this security question. The security question and its answer that you provide during registration is the information that only the user must know. There are a few questions for the user to choose from. The user should select a question and provide a secret answer. Try not to enter a "popular" answer for this question. Ideally it should be easy for you to remember and hard for others to guess.
4. Login to the Portal
4.1. What if my login fails?
Ans: This may happen if you have not registered earlier, i.e., your account does not exist. For this, you must first register with the State Portal.
4.2. What if my password doesn't work?
Ans: Make sure the "caps lock" key is not on. Login ID and password both are case sensitive. For example, "password" is not the same as "PaSSwoRd" or "PASSWORD" and abc12 is not same as ABC12 or 12ABC.
4.3. What if I forget my password?
Ans: In case you forget your password, click on 'Forgot Password?' link provided in the 'Sign in' window. You will be directed to the concerned page where you can obtain a new password on your registered email ID based on certain security parameters, as explained below:
(i) You have to enter your Login ID
(ii) Fill in the answer that you have provided in response to the security question while registering. This answer must match the exact spellings, spaces, commas etc. as provided during registration. Without the correct verification information, you will not be able to obtain a new password.
5. How friendly is the portal?
Ans: This portal has a very user-friendly interface. The user can easily access any information or features such as Administrative Setup, My Documents, etc. from anywhere in the site as all the links are available on every page.
Ans: In the browser menu, navigate to Tools -> Internet Options -> Enable Scripting.
7. How to do data entry in Punjabi?
Ans: For data entry in Punjabi, please follow the following steps:
1. Type the following URL in the address bar of your browser: http://www.google.com/inputtools/windows
3. Click "Save File" when prompted as shown below.
4. Double click the downloaded file "InpuToolsSetup.exe"
5. Click on "Run" when prompted as shown in the figure.
6. Open the control panel and click on the "Region and Languages".
7. Now click on the "Keyboards and Languages" tab.
8. Now, click on the "Change Keyboards" tab.
9. Now Click on the "Language Bar" tab.
10. Select "Docked in the taskbar" radio button and click "Apply" button.
11. English and Punjabi both the fonts will be visible in your taskbar.
12. You can easily change your keyboard by just selecting the language from the taskbar as shown below.