1. Name of the Administrative Department: Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs, Punjab
2. Minister In charge:
|Capt. Amarinder Singh
Chief Minister Punjab
3. Additional Chief Secretary / Financial Commissioner / Principal Secretary / Secretary of Administrative Department:
|Name & Designation||Telephone Nos.|
|Dr. Roshan Sunkaria IAS
4. Head of Department:
|Name & Designation||Telephone Nos.|
|Sh. Shivdular Singh Dhillon IAS
Director, Deptt of Food Supply, PB
5. Business Rules of the department:
In pursuance of the provision of Rules 18and 19 of the Rules of business of the Government of Punjab, 1992 as framed vide Punjab Government Order No. 15/1/92-GC (2) 3214, dated25th February, 1992 and in supersession of the previous standing order issued vide Endst.No.15/32/95-3EI/6669-75 dated 14th October, 2006, it is hereby ordered that the work will be disposed of at the level as mentioned in the Annexure shall be disposed of as per Rules of Business ibid.
Adaish Pratap Singh Kairon
Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs
Cases to be submitted to the Chief Minister, Punjab, under Rule 20(1) and (20) of the Rules of Business 1992 (amended upto 1997)
- Cases relating to all policy matters including cases in which new policy is to be formulated or the existing policy relating to the functioning of the Department is to be changed.
- Cases which affect or are likely to affect the interest of the Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes.
- Foreign deputation and training out of India.
- Proposals for creation and abolition of Group C posts.
- Cases which are required to be submitted to the Governor/ Council of Ministers.
- Appointment of Chairperson, Vice Chairman PUNSUP.
- Appointment of President and members of the State Commission for Reddressal of Consumer Disputes.
- Cases relating to re-employment of the Gazetted Officers for extension in their term of employment.
- Cases where successor Minister wishes to modify the orders of his predecessor in office.
- Cases in which there is difference of opinion between Secretary and Minister-in-Charge.
- Such other cases or Class of cases as the Chief Minister may consider necessary.
- Proposals for giving guarantee by the State Government for raising loans by the Corporation.
Cases to be disposed of at the level of FSM Legal and Legislative matters.
- Assembly questions/assurances made by the Minister on the floor of the House.
- Replies to questions of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha where information is to be given is other than merely factual and statistical.
- All matters relating to the Committee on Subordinate Legislations and Committee on assurance.
- Framing/amendment of Acts and Rules and references to be made to the Legal Remembrance regarding proposal of Draft bills.
- Issue of Control Orders or licensing Orders under the Central/State Acts or any amendment thereto.
- Material for Governor's and Finance Minister Address.
- Constitutions of State Level Committees and Boards.
- Crossing of proficiency step-up of all Group ‘A' Officers. (Annexure- A).
- Cases regarding continuance beyond the age of 50 and 55 years of all the Group ‘A' Officers.
- Deputation of all Group ‘A' Officers. (Annexure- A).
- Resignation of all Group ‘A' Officers (Annexure-A).
- Promotion/reversions/postings and transfers of all group ‘A' officers.
- Memorial submitted by Group ‘A' officers. (Annexure-A).
- Withdrawal of cases from courts of Group ‘A' Officers (Annexure-A).
- Representation against adverse remarks of group ‘A' officers (Annexure-A).
- Premature retirement of Group ‘A' Officers (Annexure-A).
- All appointments on contract basis of Group ‘A' Officers (Annexure-A).
- Appointment of Directors on the Board of Punsup/Pungrain.
- Appointment of Presidents and Members of District Consumer Forums.
- Extension is adhoc promotions contract posts.
- Proposals for prosecution, suspension, dismissal, removal or compulsory/premature retirement of any Group ‘A' officer.
- Requisition to be placed with the PPSC for both Group ‘A' and equivalent contract posts (Annexure-A).
- Service rules of Group ‘A; Officers.
- Reference to Vigilance Department in respect of Group ‘A' officers (Annexure-A). Seniority/Gradation and representation in this regard of group ‘A' Officers. (Annexure-A).
- Cases relating to first appointment, probation and confirmation of group ‘A' Officers (Annexure-A).
- All cases relating to the disciplinary proceedings under Rule 8 of the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal) Rules, 1970 in respect of Group ‘A' Officers (Annexure-A).
- Approval regarding property returns of Group ‘A' Officers.
- Administrative matters relating to PUNSUP.
- Earned leave to Group ‘A' Officers. All cases relating to the disciplinary proceedings under Rule 10 of the Punjab Civil Services (P&A) Rules, 1970 in respect of Group ‘A' Officers.
- Proposals/Schemes involving new expenditure.
- Financial irregularities of serious nature.
- Important Plan Schemes.
- Cases relating to the recommendation of PAC/Estimates Committee when ripe for final decision.
- Administrative & Financial Matters relating to the State Commission and District Consumer Forums.
- Cases to be sent to Governor or Chief Minister, Punjab.
- Important Policy reference received from and made to Government of India.
- Policy decision regarding holding of price line control and distribution/price of essential commodities and issue of modification orders under the Essential Commodities Act.
- Policy directions regarding brick kilns price, size and quality of bricks.
- All cases regarding policy decisions with regard to Purchase sale, acquisition and export of food grains.
- Policy relating to procurement and storage of food grains.
- To issue Notification under various Control and Licensing Orders.
- Announcements made by C.M. Punjab.
- Commission of enquiry cases.
- Annual Administrative reports.
- Cases regarding decision of Council of Ministers.
- Any case specifically asked for by the Minister-in-charge.
- Important correspondence with Govt. of India.
Cases to be disposed of by Secretary Food and Supplies Administrative Matters
- Crossing of proficiency step up of all Group B Officer (Annexure B)
- Cases regarding continuance beyond the age of 50 and 55 years of all Group B officer (Annexure B)
- Deputation of all Group B officer (Annexure B)
- Institution or withdrawal of Civil or Criminal proceedings against Group B officer and payment from state revenue of damage in suits brought by or against Group B officer (Annexure B)
- Resignation of all Group B officer (Annexure B)
- Promotions/Reversions/Postings and transfers of all Group B officers.
- Reference to Vigilance Department in respect of all Group B officers (Annexure B)
- Seniority/Gradation and representation in this regard of Group B officers (Annexure B)
- Memorial submitted by Group B officers (Annexure B)
- Cases relating to first appointment, probation and confirmation of Group B officers (Annexure B)
- Withdrawal of cases from courts of Group B officers (Annexure B)
- All cases relating to the disciplinary proceedings Under Rule 8 of the Punjab Civil Services (punishment and appeal) rules, 1970 in respect of Group B officers ( Annexure B)
- Appeals against the orders of Director Food and Supplies regarding punishment in respect of GROUP B employees.
- Representation against adverse remarks of Group B officers (ANNEXURE B)
- All appointments on contract basis of Group B officers (ANNEXURE B)
- Premature Retirement of GROUP B officers (ANNEXURE B)
- Premature Retirement of GROUP B officers (ANNEXURE B)
- Creation of GROUP B posts.
- Service rules of GROUP B establishments.
- Appeals against the orders of Director Food and Supplies regarding punishments in respect of Group C employees.
- Grants of T.A. beyond 30 days.
- Training of officers within the country.(Group A & B )
- Approval regarding property returns of GROUP B officers. (ANNEXURE B)
- Earned leave to GROUP B officers
- Cases relating to PAC/PEC/PUC, oral examination/recommendations where the orders of the minister are not required under the rules.
- Annual summarized and profit and loss account of Provincial Reserve.
- Waiving of claim or recovery of a substantial amount against non gazetted employees of the department.
- Cases where recoveries pointed out by the Accountant General are to be waived off in consultation with the Finance Department.
- Budgetary matters /budget estimates/revised estimates/supplementary estimate.
- Issuance of notifications under various Control and Licensing Orders.
- Approval of notifications for acquisition of land.
- Appeals/review under various Control Orders where those lie to the state government.
- Prosecution under Punjab hoarding and profiting prevention order, 1971 and other Control Orders where sanction of the Cases under various Control Orders and licensing orders involving question of policy.
- Replies to questions in Parliament where information to be given in merely factual. Replies to important court cases.
- Procurement and storage of food grains as per policy.
Cases to be disposed of at the level of Director cum-Secretary/Special Secretary, Additional Secretary /Joint Secretary /Deputy Secretary/Under Secretary
- All matter relating to Group C posts including appointment and disciplinary action. (Annexure c)
- All cases relating to the disciplinary proceedings under rule 10 of the Punjab Civil Services (Punishment and Appeal) rules, 1970 in respect of Group B officers. (Annexure )
- Appointment by promotion GROUP C employees. (Annexure c)
- Extension of probationary period, confirmation, promotion, seniority cases, all disciplinary cases involving penalty by suspension and revocations and acceptance of resignation of GROUP C employees and equivalent contract posts. (Annexure c)
- Entrusting cases to the department of Vigilance, police, courts and allowing expulses thereof and ordering departmental enquiries of group employees and equivalent contract posts. (Annexure c).
- All miscellaneous matters not specified otherwise in respect of Group C employees and equivalent contract posts ( Annexure c)
- Transfer and posting of GROUP C employees and equivalent contract posts. (Annexure c)
- Gratuity, pension and completion of probationary period of GROUP C employees and equivalent contract posts where there are adverse recommendations and cases are not clear. (Annexure c)
- Initial appointments on recommendations of PSSSB for GROUP C employees (Annexure}
- Appointment on deputation to Central/State Government and Corporation.
Procedure followed in decision making process:
THE PROCEDURE FOLLOWED IN THE DECISION MAKING PROCESS, INCLUDING CHANNELS OF SUPERVISION AND ACCOUNT ABILITY
In the Department of Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs, single file system has been implemented. Record Keeper/Clerk puts up the papers on the file to the concerned Assistant, then Superintendent of the branch contributes at his level to obtain orders from the concerned branch officer, who further submits the file with his comments to the officer concerned and then to the Director Food Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs.
6. Services provided by Department:
(i) Acts, Orders& Policies used in the Department:
- Punjab Hoarding & Profiteering Order.
- Public Distribution System (Licensing & Control) Order.
- The Edible Oil Packaging (Regulation) Order.
- Petroleum Products (Maintenance of Production, Storage and Supply) Order.
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (Regulation of Use in Motor Vehicle).
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (Regulation of Supply & Distribution).
- Policy Regarding Brick Kilns.
- Policy Regarding distribution of SKO.
- Levy Rice Control Order.
- The Motor Spirit & High Speed Diesel (Regulation of Supply & Distribution and Prevention of Malpractices) Order.
- The Naphtha (Acquisition, Sale Storage and Prevention of Use in Automobiles) Order.
- The Punjab Commodities Price Marking and Display Order.
- The Punjab Control of Bricks Supplies, Price and Distribution Control Order.
- The Solvents, Raffinate and Slop (Acquisition, Sale Storage and prevention of use in Automobiles) Order.
- Kerosene (Restriction on Use and Fixation of Ceiling Price) Order.
- Petroleum Products (maintenance of Production, Storage and Supply) Order.
- Punjab Light Diesel Oil and Kerosene Licensing Order.
- Punjab Public Distribution System (Licensing & Control) Order.
- Essential Commodities Act.
POLICIES REGARDING STATE SPONSORED SUBSIDY PROGRAMS
- Policy Regarding Atta Dal Scheme.
- Policy Regarding Purchase of Stock Articles.
- Policy/Specification regarding hiring of Plinths/Godowns.
POLICIES REGARDING PROCUREMENT OF FOOD GRAINS
- Rabi Marketing Policy.
- Kharif Marketing Policy.
POLICIES REGARDING LABOUR & TRANSPORTATION OF FOOD GRAINS
- Transport Policy.
- Labour Policy.
(ii) Services provided by Department:
- Procurement & Storage of Food Grains.
- Subsidized Atta under National Food Security Act.
- Checkings of Petrol Pumps & Brick Kilns.
- Management of Fair Price Shops.
- Management of Consumer Courts.
- Issuance & Management of Aadhar Cards.
- Issuance of Licenses of Manufacturers, Repairers & Dealers of Legal Metrology.
- Management & Distribution of Kerosene Oil.
7. Names of Board / Corporations / Commissions / Societies working under the control of the Administrative Department along with information of their Heads as under:
|Name & Designation||Telephone Nos.||Official Website|
|Sh. S.S. Johal
|Sh. P.S. Shergill
For detailed information:
Department's Website: www.foodsuppb.gov.in