Name of the Administrative Department: Department of Medical Education and Research
Minister In charge:
|Name ||e-mail ||Telephone Nos. ||Photograph |
|Office ||Residence ||Mobile |
|Sh. Brahm Mohindra |
|- ||2740788 |
|- ||9815014500 || |
The Medical Education and Research in Punjab is governed by the Directorate of Medical Education & Research, Punjab. This Directorate was set up in April 1973, to develop medical manpower and to ensure that medical education and teaching hospitals receive adequate attention and proper facilities for research work in the various branches of medicine. This Directorate works under the control of the Director, Research and Medical Education, Punjab. Its office is at Chandigarh. He is assisted by a Joint director, Officer-on-special Duty and Deputy Controller (Finance & Account).
ALLOCATION OF BUSINESS RULES:-
- Establishment of the Directorate of Research and Medical Education, and all Professors, Associate Professors, Assistant Professors, Senior Lecturers, Lecturers, Registrars and Demonstrators at the Government Medical Colleges, Amritsar and Patiala Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot and the Government Dental Colleges.
- T.B. Sanatorium, Amritsar.
- Government Medical College, Patiala.
- Rajindra Hospital, Patiala.
- Guru Gobind Singh Medical College, Faridkot.
- Guru Gobind Singh Hospital, Faridkot.
- Government Medical College, Amritsar.
- Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital, Amritsar.
- Dental College, Amritsar.
- Dental College and Hospital, Patiala.
- Ayurvedic College and Hospital. Patiala.
- Medical Education and Training of Nurses and Para-medical Staff.
- The Indian Council of Medical Research.
- State Medical Faculty, Medical registration including Medical Council of India Central Dental Council.
- The Punjab Medical Council, the Punjab Nursing Council, the Punjab Dental Council, the Punjab Pharmacy Council, the Punjab Ayurvedic Council and the Punjab Homoeopathic Council-Registration of Doctors, Dentist, Nurses, Pharmacists, Homeopaths and Vaids.
- All matters relating to the administration of the following Acts and Rules made thereunder:-
- The Indian Medical degree Act, 1916.
- The Punjab Anatomy Act, 1963.
- The Punjab Corneal Grafting Act, 1963.
- Private Medical Colleges and Hospitals.
- Christian Medical College and Brown Hospital, Ludhiana.
- Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana.
- Grant-in-aid to private medical colleges and teaching hospitals and aushadhalayas.
- Admissions to all the Medical and Dental Colleges, including private and the Ayurvedic College, Patiala.
Punjab Dental Council:-
The Punjab Dental Council Chandigarh was constituted by the Punjab Govt., vied Notification No. 6/8/2006-3HB-III/ 8765 dated 23.12.2011. This council has been constituted under the Dentist Act 1948 (Section 21) for a term of 5 years. The Council has 22 Members. As per Dentists Act 1948, the Punjab Dental Council is entrusted with the work of Registration of the Dentists, who have passed their B.D.S. Course from recognized Dental institutions (recognized by the D.C.I./Ministry of Health, Govt. of India). Up till now (24.05.2012) 9370 Dentists in Part-A and 933 Dentists in Part-B and 279 Dentists in Pepsu (Part-B) are registered with this Council. In the year 2005, the names of about 297 Dentists, in Part-A and 711 Dentists in Part-B and Pepsu were removed, from the State Register of Dentists, on account of death and non-renewal of their registration for the last more than 10 years.
For more information on Punjab Dental Council click here
For detailed information:
Department's Website: www.punjabmedicaleducation.org