Name of the Administrative Department: Department of NRI Affairs
Minister In charge:
|Capt. Amarinder Singh
Chief Minister Punjab
ALLOCATION OF BUSINESS RULES:-
1. Foreign NGOs, willing to enter into mutual charters to and the development of municipal and rural areas in Punjab, e.g. town twinning projects, etc.
2. Correspondence with Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of External Affairs and Foreign Missions, etc., for the problems relating to NRIs regarding visas opening/Up-gradation of visa-centers and industrial liaison, etc.
3. To coordinate with NGOs in the State of Punjab dealing with NRIs.
4. Making and implementation of scheme relating to NRIs in respect of:-
- Plan Scheme- C.D. 2.35 providing matching grants in NRI shared projects for creating infrastructure like school, buildings, community services, Hospitals, Libraries, drinking water scheme, Sewerage disposal, public latrines, streetlights and sports stadium and other projects.
- Following an integrated policy for using funds provided by the Punjab Government in NRI share projects like construction of bridges etc., from RDF to which NRIs can contribute meaningfully for creation of such infrastructure.
- Attracting foreign capital and assistance for twinning of city Kapurthala with Derby (UK) and Jalandhar with Borough of Hounslow (UK).
- Coordinating with the Department of Technical Education and Medical Education in respect in of respect of reservations of seats in Technical Colleges/ Institutions and Medical Colleges and charging of fees etc., from NRIs.
- Consideration of schemes to start Baccalaureate system of Education in some existing schools in Punjab and setting up of some system abroad with a view to help NRI Youngsters to acquaint them with their heritage and to develop a certain amount of attachment to their motherland and also get much better understanding of India.
- Coordination with the projects encouraging mutual understanding and friendship between Derby (UK) and Kapurthala through school linking which will envisage exchange programme where the representative of Education Department from UK will visit our schools and suggest measures to upgrade the educational and environmental system prevalent in UK.
- Formulating organized schemes regarding Tourism and Cultural Affairs to invite NRIs especially the younger generation with a view to maintain their ethnic bonds with their motherland.
- Coordination in making optimum use of NRIs contribution in the field of sports.
- Creation of Data Bank of NRIs and to give on line service to the NRIs.
- Giving of wide publicity of Government efforts/ policies in favor of NRIs in the State of Punjab in foreign media.
5. Matters relating to grant f honors by any Department, conferring Honour, Ph.D.etc., relating to NRI affairs will seek clearance from the NRI Affairs Department who will get clearance from the Govt. of India, as may be required.
6. All matters relating to authentication of documents submitted by the Non-Resident Indian after getting countersigned from Deputy Commissioners.
For detailed information:
Department's Website: www.nripunjab.gov.in