1. Name of the Administrative Department: Department of Revenue, Rehabilitation & Disaster Management
2. Minister In charge:
|Capt. Amarinder Singh
Chief Minister Punjab
3. Additional Chief Secretary / Financial Commissioner / Principal Secretary / Secretary of Administrative Department:
|Name & Designation||Telephone Nos.|
|Sh. Karan Bir Singh Sidhu IAS
Special Chief Secretary/Financial Commissioner
|Sh. V K Meena
|Sh. S.K. Raju
Secretary Revenue & Rehabilitation
4. Head of Department:
|Name & Designation||Telephone Nos.|
|Sh. Karan Bir Singh Sidhu IAS
Additional Chief Secretary/Financial Commissioner
5. Business Rules of the department:
1. All matters pertaining to Land Revenue and its administration including its assessment, collection and accounts, remission, collection of rents etc. and audit.
2. Recovery of other Government dues declared recoverable as arrears of Land Revenue.
3. All matters relating to Agricultural Income Tax, Wealth Tax and Estate Duty.
4. Surveys for preparation of Land Records and its maintenance.
5. All matters relating to settlements, settlement staff and Alluvion and Dhilluvion Rules.
6. All matters relating to the administration of the following Acts:
(i) The Court Fees Act, 1870;
(ii) The Punjab Tenancy Act, 1887;
(iii) The Punjab Land Revenue Act, 1887;
(iv) The Land Acquisition Act, 1894;
(v) The Indian Stamp Act, 1899;
(vi) The Punjab Minor Canals Act, 1905;
(vii) The Registration Act, 1908;
(viii) The Punjab Redemption of Mortgage Act, 1913;
(ix) The Punjab Copying Fees Act, 1936;
(x) The Punjab Restitution of Mortgage Act, 1938;
(xi) The East Punjab Holdings (Consolidation and Prevention of Fragmentation) Act, 1948;
(xii) The East Punjab War Awards Act, 1948;
(xiii) The East Punjab Utilisation of Land Act, 1949;
(xiv) The Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property Act, 1952 (No.XXX of 1952);
(xv) The Punjab Security of Land Tenures Act, 1953;
(xvi) The Punjab Requisitioning and Acquisition of Immovable Property Act, 1953;
(xvii) The Bhoodan Yagna Act, 1955;
(xviii) The Pepsu Tenancy and Agricultural Act, 1955;
(xix) The Punjab Resumption of Jagirs Act,1957;
(xx) The Punjab Land Reforms Act, 1973;
(xxi) The Punjab Pubic Premise:; Land Eviction and Rent Recovery Act, 1973;
(xxii) The Punjab Commercial Crops Cess Act, 1974; and
(xxiii) The Punjab Package Deal Properties (Disposal) Act, 1976.
7. Land Administration Reports.
8. All matters relating to land holdings Census fragmentation.
9. Survey and record of land affected by water-logging thur and sem.
10. All matters under the following heads:-
(a) Customary Law;
(b) Court of Wards;
(c) Jagirs and Muafis;
(d) Dharamarth lands and properties of the erstwhile Pepsu State;
(e) Grant-in-aid to religious institutions and incurring of expenditure construction or repairs of places of worship; and
(f) Establishment of Dharamarth Staff.
11. Construction of accommodation for Government offices, including offices-cum-residence complexes at the Divisional, District, Tehsil and Sub-Tehsil level.
12. Construction and repairs of Patwar Khanas.
13. Lease, sale etc. of Government Lands and encroachments thereon
14. Administration of waste land and their lease etc.
15. Transfer of land from one Department of Government to another.
16. All matters concerning Escheats, Nazool land and properties.
17. Preparation and revision of District Gazetteers including the establishment of the Gazetteers Organisation.
18. Finalisation of work under section 5 of the Punjab land Revenue Act, 1887 and work connected with the re-organisation of Divisions, Districts, Tehsils and Sub Tehsils including transfer of villages from one such unit to another.
19. All matters concerning inter-state Boundaries.
20. Preparation of District, Village Directories and changes of names of Districts, Towns, Villages etc.
21. Calamities Relief Fund.
22. All matters relating to the--
(i) Establishment of Financial Commissioner's Office:
(ii) Establishment of District and Division including Sub -Divisional and Tehsil Office staff:
(iii) Establishment of Directorate of Consolidation of Holdings, Punjab;
(iv) Establishment of Directorate of Land Records, Punjab;
(v) Establishment of Patwaris and Kanungoes Mahals;
(vi) Patwar Schools; and
(vii) Establishment of the District Revenue Officers, Tehsildars and Naib –Tehsildars.
23. Report on Agricultural Wages Survey.
24. Maintenance and Administration of Civil Rest Houses.
25. Provision relating to registration only under the Transfer of Property Act.
1. Administration, management, leasing out and allotment of acquired evacuee property, viz., land, houses, gardens and horticultural plots in garden colonies situated in rural areas.
2. All matters relating to the administration of Rajpura Township.
3. All matters concerning conferment of ownership right in respect of land, houses,gardens and horticultural plots, situated in rural areas.
4. All matters relating to the acquisition of evacuee land for public purposes required by the Departments of Government, local bodies or private bodies.
5. Exchange and comparison of record with Pakistan.
6. Grant of financial assistance to disrupted educational institutions and displaced students for prosecuting their studies in various institutions both in India and abroad.
7. Internal audit of various kinds of loans, accounts and financial assistance maintained in different offices.
8. Quasi-judicial cases arising out of allotment of land, houses, gardens and horticultural plots in garden colonies and conferment of ownership rights and composite properties.
9. Recovery, postponement, remission and write-off of various kinds of rural and urban loans and realisation of other rehabilitation dues.
10. Separation of evacuee interest in composite properties.
11. All other matters connected with the rehabilitation of displaced persons, composite and acquired properties.
12. Disposal of surplus rural and urban evacuee properties transferred by the Government of India to State Government by two package deals for disposal.
(C) Relief and Resettlement
6. Services provided by Deaprtment:
1 Registration of all kinds of documents i.e. sale deed, lease deed, GPA, mortgage deed, partnership deed etc.
2. Certified copies of all kind of previously registed documents.
3. Certified Copies of all documents at Fard Kendra level i.e. Record of Rights (Jamabandi), Girdawari, Mutation etc.
4. Certified Copies of all documents at Village level i.e. Record of Rights (Jamabandi), Girdawari, Mutation etc. (if the copies sought are manual and number of pages sought is less than 5).
5. Certified Copies of all documents at Village level i.e. Record of Rights (Jamabandi), Girdawari, Mutation etc. (if the copies sought are manual and number of pages sought is more than 5 but less than 15).
6. Certified Copies of all documents at Village level i.e. Record of Rights (Jamabandi), Girdawari, Mutation etc. (if the copies sought are manual and number of pages sought is more than 15).
7. Private Partition of land (Mutual consent of landowners).
8. Issuance of non encumbrance certificate
9. Attestation of uncontested mutations
10. Registration of Marriage
11. Demarcation of Land
12. Embossing of Documents
7. Names of Board / Corporations / Commissions / Societies working under the control of the Administrative Department along with information of their Heads as under:
|Name & Designation||Telephone Nos.||Official Website|
|Directorate of Land Records,
|Directorate of Disaster Managementfirstname.lastname@example.org||01722740904||www.punjabrevenue.nic.in|
|PEPSU Board, Rajpuraemail@example.com||01762225501||www.ptbdrajpura.com|
|Punjab Land Records Society,
For detailed information:
Department's Website: punjabrevenue.nic.in