For detailed information click here
In Punjab, Department of Excise & Taxation looks after the activities of both excise and other commercial taxes in the State. This Department is headed by Excise and Taxation Minister who is the In-charge of the Department. Financial Commissioner (Taxation) is the Secretary to Governmemt. of Punjab, Department of Excise and Taxation. Excise and Taxation Commissioner is the head of the Department and is vested with powers under different Excise and Taxation Acts.
ALLOCATION OF BUSINESS RULES:-
- Establishment of the Excise and Taxation Department.
- Administration of the following Acts:-
- The Punjab Excise Act, 1914
- The Punjab Local Option Act, 1923
- The Punjab Motor Spirit (Taxation of Sales) Act, 1939
- The East Punjab Molasses (Control) Act, 1948
- The Indian Power Alcohol Act, 1948
- The Punjab General Sales Tax Act, 1948
- The Punjab Entertainment (Cinematograph Shows) Act, 1954
- The Punjab Medicinal and Toilet Preparations (Excise Duties) Act, 1955
- The Punjab Entertainment Duty Act, 1955
- The Central Sales Tax Act, 1956
- Formulation and implementation of prohibition policy.